Saturday 13 December 2008

CHRISTMAS PREPARATIONS




My Christmas preparations are now well under way - the tree is up and I am busy making extra decorations. My husband took the girls Christmas shopping today to buy my present, but no matter how hard I try they will not tell me what it is (although he did visit Boots)!! I will continue questioning.



While out shopping they also went ice skating which they seemed to enjoy immensely even though they did fall over once or twice - no serious injuries though I'm glad to say. When they arived home they assembled and decorated a gingerbread train. Something a little different from the usual gingerbread house.



While they were gone I did a little reading - I'm reading the Miss Read books at the moment, the Christmas editions, which are getting me more into the Christmas spirit. They remind me of life as a child as I come from a small village myself. I also made a victoria sandwich using my favourite recipe from My River Cottage cookery book. It involves weighing four eggs (yes, four),
and weighing the same amount of butter (which was nearly a whole pack), flour and sugar. It rises beatifully every time and tastes absolutly gorgeous, although not paticularly very healthy



But what the heck it's Saturday and it's nearly Christmas.

No comments: